Thank you to the members of the Dunedin and Invercargill .NET User Groups which attended my presentations late last month.
As mentioned if any of you have any questions or would like to discuss embedded and mobile development further please feel free to contact me.
As promised I have also attached my slides and a series of links for anyone interested in investigating further.
.NET Micro Framework
- .NET Micro Framework portal
- .NET Micro Framework team blog
- Device Solutions – makers of the Tahoe development board
Windows Mobile (.NET Compact Framework)
- Windows Mobile Community website
- SQL Server Compact 3.5
- Building ASP.NET AJAX Applications for Windows Mobile webcast
- AJAX on IE Mobile – a blog post by the IE Mobile team
- Mobile Web Site Design Guidelines
- MSDN Smart Device Forums
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialsier (MCTS) Exam 70-540
- OpenNETCF Smart Device Framework
- Mobile Line of Business Accelerator 2008
- Microsoft Mobile Development Handbook
XNA Game Development
- XNA Framework portal
- XNA Creators Club
- XNA Starter Kits
- XNA Game Development process – describes how to download all the tools you require to develop XNA games for Desktop PCs and XBOX-360s.
- Sharky’s Air Legends by Lawrence Hodson
- Silverlight portal
- Silverlight getting started guide
- Silverlight Forums
- Silverlight Clock demo
- Zero Gravity game
- Silverlight Mobile
- Silverlight Pad – similiar to XAML Pad but targeted for Silverlight. Allows you to experiement writing XAML within a browser.
- “How to learn Silverlight in 10 days” blog post